That's right, folks - today I turn 30.
I'm not upset by this. Everyone has been saying "Oooo the big 3-0! How are you taking it?" Honestly, I could care less. Last year was harder. Turning 29 and thinking "Crap. My last year of my 20s. I'm going to be 30 next year, and that could very well be the first third of my life over already!" - that was hard. This, not so much.
I'm looking forward to my 30th year and I have big plans for this decade - a child or two home with us, a house, getting fully licensed at work so I can take over the business when my boss retires. I have plans for this year too. I made a list of 3 things I want to accomplish in each of a few areas of my life. In the "Leisure" category, I'm going to read 10 books in a year. I know this doesn't sound like a whole lot considering I love to read, but I am a notoriously slow reader - painfully slow at times. I'm going to take the time to relax and watch at least one movie a week. I'm open to any suggestions for books and movies - I'll read or watch anything, if it's good! I'm also going to finish a bunch of sewing projects I've amassed over the last year and a half since I began sewing. There are other categories, but more of that in a later post.
I'm also looking forward to dinner tonight at The Melting Pot with my hubby and my 2 old roommates. Additionally, I'm waiting for Wally & Liz's photos and a program from the Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness month service held at the hospital last weekend.We weren't able to attend, but their names were included in the program. The social worker coordinating everything was supposed to have put the pictures and program in the mail Monday and send it to my office, but so far nothing has shown up. I was hoping for the package. It didn't come and I thought "What a nice birthday present that would be if they arrive tomorrow (today)" You'd think I'd be sad at not getting that present, but instead I've been given an even better one. Peace.
Here's hoping my 30s will be just that - peaceful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Kate!!!
I hear that is what is nice about your thirties, you know where you've been, where you want to how and how to get there. Sounds pretty peaceful to me.
Enjoy Melting Pot tonight! I love that cheese and chocolate fondue. YUM!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! DIRTY THIRTY!
I agree 29 was harder!
sorry i missed your birthday yesterday, but hope you had fun at the melting pot :) you are still young! and I love your goals to accomplish!
Post a Comment