Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Old Wives Tales and Chinese Gender Charts *UPDATED*

So this afternoon is our big anatomy ultrasound. According to the poll, we're having a girl (by the way, thanks to Leslie who chose "stubborn child" - I think that's what we'll have too!). For kicks, I've decided to list 15 old wives tales' and chinese gender charts' predictions. Enjoy, and be sure to check back tomorrow (might be later tonight, but I'm not promising anything) for the big news!

Chinese Charts

Here we have my "chinese age" as 31 (dude! I'm only 30! wait...did I just say "dude"?), conception month is February. Result: GIRL

Here my chinese age is 31 again. Result: BOY

Here my chinese age is 32. Result: GIRL

Old Wives Tails

Here we have a quiz. Result: 60% chance GIRL, 40% chance BOY

Here is a list. I'm listing it as "topic (my answer): RESULT"
  • Heart Rate (170): GIRL
  • Weight Gain of Father (none, loss actually): BOY
  • Weight Gain of Mother (what little is in the front): BOY
  • Cravings (protein/meat, savory things): BOY
  • Color of urine (bright): BOY
  • Mom's Appearance: (same as before): BOY
Ring test. Result: BOY GIRL BOY GIRL. I guess we'll call that a 50/50 chance? Seems the most accurate to me!

FINAL RESULT: 9 for the boys, 6 for the girls. BOY

Stay tuned for the real result!

.          .          .

We have a very healthy, all-parts-there-and-perfect, bouncing baby BOY!

6 comments:

sarah said...

What is your guess??

Can't wait to hear what you've got baking! :)

buddysmom said...

A BOY, congrats!!!!!

sarah said...

I was wrong. Usually am.

A BOY!!!! Yippee!!!

Boys has a special place in my heart. How wonderful!

Tanika said...

Congrats!!! Welcome to team Blue. I"m so happy for you & your husband. Thought about names yet?

buddysmom said...

Kate, I want to find u on facebook,. Look me up: jesshellmold@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I couldn't help myself!