Saturday, July 24, 2010

Not Much New, Except a Poll!

While I anxiously await viability (5 days!), I figured I may as well get a vote on Wee Man G's name. Now, we obviously aren't forcing ourselves to stick with the results, but I'm interested in seeing what everyone else likes. Please vote and if you feel so inclined, leave a comment as to why you like one over the other. I'd love to hear reasons why you like or dislike a name, and I promise I won't take offense!

Without further ado, here are our choices, and why we like them.

Gabriel Griffin: DH picked out Gabriel. I've always thought it was a beautiful name and have known two Gabriels in my life - each of which were incrediably sweet and mature for their ages and went by "Gabe." I briefly dated one of these Gabes. When he broke up with me, it was by far the most mature and honest break up ever. We got back together (even more briefly than the first time) and broke up again over the same thing. The issue? He never wanted marriage and kids, knew I did and felt it unfair to hold on to me when he couldn't give me what I wanted. Oh yeah...he was 20 at the time (I was 22). See what I mean when I say mature?  Griffin is DH's middle name (see below).

Griffin Michael: Griffin is not only DH's middle name, but also was his grandfather's middle name and his grandfather's mother's maiden name. Apparently his great- and great-great-grandparents were very nice and fun people to be around. Those traits have certainly carried on through the generations! We also really like this name because it's different, but not totally off the wall. Michael was my grandfather, who was also an extremely kind man. Additionally, he was generous, loving and completely hilarious! My brother is named for him, and my nephew's middle name is Michael. By the way, I don't have a problem with the cousins having the same middle name. My sister and I happen to have the same middle name as well. (note: my sister is 14 years younger than me, technically a half sister, and her middle name was chosen in my honor)

So...thoughts?

Update: Apparently the poll isn't working, so I guess it's just a comment leaving poll now! Poll is now working!

5 comments:

Hurdles of Life said...

My vote is Griffin Michael.. its special because of the tradition and the warm fuzzies you get thinking about those traditions. xoxox

sarah said...

Both truly are great names. I just really, really dig Griffin and love it as a first name. My vote then, goes to Griffin Michael.

5 days!! Huge milestone!!

Tori said...

I also choose Griffin Michael. Love it! Plus, we all know that mine is the vote that counts... jk :D

Courtney said...

I voted for Griffin Michael.

Sorry Tori... MY vote is what really counts! I have spent hours trying to come up with a name... that all pretty much all got shot down!

I don't know if it "took" my vote!

Cynthia said...

Griffin Michael! I love it! And I love the reasons why you like it! However, I don't think you could go wrong with either name!!