Thursday, August 19, 2010

27 Weeks, GTT "Results," etc.

I'm a full 27 weeks pregnant today. I have 91 days left until Wee Man G's due date and 63 days left until he's allowed to make his entrance. I am no where near ready! Bryan assures me that we will be ready to move the furniture in on Labor Day weekend. He better get his ass in gear and get it cleaned out, then!

Also, I had my 1 hour GTT last Friday. The lab called on Monday and told Bryan that I had to come back in and redo the test. Why? Well, when I called LabCorp they told me it was a "lab error." At the doctor's office today the "results" said "deterioration or loss of sample." Dr. E. then said "I hate LabCorp! They seem to just throw samples away!" If you remember from my previous post, they could not get the labels to print out of the computer and so had to write my name and information on the tubes. How much you wanna bet they never wrote it on? Anyway, I go back Saturday morning for the repeat and they better get it right this time! Also, the smelly lady better not be there too. I hope they got her labs right simply so I don't have to smell her!

Moving on....

I am not on bedrest. Yay! Woohoo! Yippie! That's not to say that I'm up and about and partying or anything, but that does mean I can continue to work. Dr. E. feels pretty confident that I'll be able to continue working at least up until the cerclage removal, if not longer. While I would love to stay home more often, I think I would go insane on bedrest. I already worry too much and with nothing else to do, I would dwell on every little tiny thing.

One more week until we reach the third trimester! Until then, hope everyone is well in blogland!

2 comments:

sarah said...

But if they smelly lady IS there can you get us a picture of her, as to complete the mental image. K, thanks!

So glad to hear you have been able to get away without bedrest! I think you're right. The longer you can keep you mind busy with other things, the closer you'll get to baby day without worry! :D

63 days!!

Courtney said...

I agree with Sarah... get us a picture!

Wee G can't come until at least Oct cause I said so. November is even better! Bryan has some time to get it together... but not too much!

Bedrest would make someone crazy I think. Too much time and not able to do anything!