Friday, July 22, 2011

When Do I Get To STOP Cleaning?

I feel like I am constantly cleaning. At home, at work, at home, at home, at home, at home...you get the point. Griffin is 8 1/2 months old, barely mobile (but we had some forward motion today) and there is crap all over my house. How can my awesome little man cause so much destruction?

Anyway, I am tired of cleaning. I still have to do it, and it stresses me out. Stresses me that it needs done, stresses me when it's not done, stresses me in my sleep (probably). If you're anything like me, you just want the mess to go the F away. If only I had a magic wand to wave and *poof* it would be done. I. Want. To. Stop. Cleaning. And. Stressing. About. Cleaning. Constantly.

I doubt I'll ever get to stop cleaning, but I can stop stressing thanks to my BFF sending me a little poem that I'll share with you now.




Cleaning and scrubbing can wait 'til tomorrow,
For babies grow up we learn to our sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep,
I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep.


You're welcome.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I want to stop cleaning too! If you get the wand will you share with me?

Love the poem and SO true!

I Just Love You said...

i cannot tell you the last time i vaccumed the floors or dusted. i pick up the clutter at the end of the day, wash bottles and i'm done. i've hired a maid service to come and clean the week the little man is due to arrive. i used to be a clean freak. oh, now, not so much as long as it's orderly.