It's taken three years, but we finally brought our first born babies home today. Their memory boxes and certificates have been with our close friends since the night they were born. Bryan couldn't handle having them around, but I talked to him last weekend and he agreed we could bring them home.
The hospital did such a beautiful job on the boxes. They are greenish blue silk tied with ribbon. They did ink prints (4 sets each!) plus clay prints. What really got me though were the little hats, blankets and most of all, gowns they took Wally and Liz's pictures in. Not all of the blankets and hats were used, but the gowns were. Wally's even has some dried blood on it. I know that's kinda gross, but that's proof to me that he wore the gown. I looked through everything and then put it all back in their boxes. Then I broke down and just cried and hugged the boxes.
People seem to think that since we have Griffin now, the pain of losing Wally and Liz is erased. While trying to keep up with a toddler certainly doesn't give much time to dwell on the past, the pain is still there. Not as intense as it once was, but still very much there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So many ((hugs)) to you.
Post a Comment