Sunday, March 15, 2009

Pregnancy: Week 5

Now that I'm officially pregnant, I'm also officially having some symptoms. I've had the breast tenderness, frequent pee breaks - especially when I'm trying to fall asleep, and some random nausea, but now I have....

My first food aversion

This started at lunch on Friday. I had a Healthy Choice Cafe Steamer thing that was chicken marsala. It was good, but there was something in it that wasn't quite to my tummy's liking. I then moved on to soup. Now, there's a cafe in my office building that has a fabulous cook from Ukraine. She makes THE BEST soups ever. I particularly have always loved her cream of mushroom soup, which she rarely ever makes. Lo and behold, they had it on Friday so I jumped at the chance and figured I could count it at least as part of a veggie serving for the day. After eating the chicken marsala, I open my soup. Then it hits me. The soup smells like feet...and tastes similar. I was able to get some of it down with the help of some very good bread, but for the rest of the day and even into this morning, I was queasy. Then this morning, as I usually do, I got up, flopped down on the couch, put the food network on the tv and checked my email. I was fine until the cook (I can't remember her name - she's a chef and has spiky white hair and growls alot) sliced up a roasted mushroom. And there you have it folks, I can no longer smell, eat or even look at a mushroom without feeling ill. My husband is very happy about this since he hates mushrooms anyway. I would post a picture to add to the post, but I fear what might happen if I google image search mushrooms.

2 comments:

sarah said...

Ahhhhh... yes the good ol' food aversions!

I've had a tough time with that until half way through the second trimester! I never knew what I wanted to eat until it was half way to my mouth. It can be a little irritating- but hey - YOU'RE PREGNANT! YES!!! :D

My husband also HATES mushrooms. Like seriously, I think he has a phobia.

Happy week 5! :D

Courtney said...

Food adversions suck!!

What is it with men and mushrooms? B hates them too!