Monday, November 23, 2009

One Small Step

DH and I have been discussing when to TTC again, and honestly I've been waffling about it. Well, more than waffling - I've been having panic attacks over it and in the heat of an attack I think that I never want to have more children. Never in a million years did I expect that thought to pop into my head. We decided over the weekend to do one more cycle on birth control and then give it a go after the holidays (that cycle would start Dec 27th-ish). I felt that was a fair compromise between DH's wanting to try as soon as we were allowed to after having the twins and my "not yet, ok, let's talk about it *panic* ok, maybe never" stance.

The past two nights have been bad. I completely freaked out on DH, as well as any friend that would listen, or rather read. I prayed. I cried. I hyperventilated. And then this morning at work, without prompting from my conscious self, my hand reached for the phone and I made a call. It was a call to the RE's office. I have my consult set up for next Monday. When I hung up, an amazing thing happened - I didn't panic. In fact, I smiled and called DH to let him know.

Things are still a little up in the air regarding disability insurance and financing the treatments and my probable bed rest, but we're moving forward and it feels good. Maybe I just to take these little steps to get through the rest of my grief and my fear and ultimately bring home a baby of my own. I guess it gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "baby steps."

2 comments:

'Murgdan' said...

...and just one baby step at a time. Hang in there.

Courtney said...

I am so glad!!

I am ALWAYS here for you!! MUAH!! Love ya!

If you don't get back on the TTC bandwagon, who will the girls play with?? They need you to have babies so they can play and complain about us!!