Monday, December 7, 2009

Searching For Light in the Darkness of Insanity...

Once again, I find myself at war, war with my ovaries. Oh how I had hoped for a cease-fire so that I could concentrate my warring efforts on keeping my cervix closed and baby/ies inside. Alas, I must fight two wars with my physical self. I must also constantly fight the war inside my brain. The war known as Anxiety.

The Great Anxiety War started many years ago as an undercurrent to my existence. Many times I fought the battles without ever knowing who this enemy was. Many times I won those battles. Many times, I lost. It wasn't until I first saw my psychiatrist - about 6 weeks before the twins were born - that my enemy had a name. I know this enemy now, and as G.I. Joe says "Knowing is half the battle." If I could just conquer Anxiety, I could better concentrate on the physical wars.

I must ready myself for battle. How better to do this, than with music. And with music, come lyrics:

"Searching for light in the darkness of insanity"
Elvis Costello, "(What's so Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding?"

"In the darkest hour of the night, you find daylight"
Better Than Ezra, "Daylight"

"And here I stand with this sword in my hand...Have a seat while I take to the sky"
Tori Amos, "Take to the Sky"


Take to the sky by ~zulu-eos on deviantART
<

1 comment:

Courtney said...

You are going to find the Light!! And you will win ALL of these wars!! I know it!! And in the end will be healthy baby/ies!