Thursday, August 12, 2010

26 Weeks

Today I had another ultrasound and injection. The injection was fine, the ultrasound not so much.

There wasn't anything bad with the ultrasound, and my doctor is perfectly happy with the results. I am not nearly as happy though. My cervix is now down to 3cm (still good, but I've lost half of the length I had 4 weeks ago) and it's starting to funnel "a little bit." That is in quotes because the tech I had today, who was not my normal one, couldn't say much of anything. Also, she didn't give me any pics. Not even one. She got a picture of him sucking his thumb, but did she print it for me? Nope.

After that, I went upstairs for the injection and thankfully I had to be moved from one of the other practice's docs to mine. I love all of the doctors in the practice, but mine is my favorite and she understands that I need things explained to me to be comfortable. Well, she could tell right away I was not happy. I ended up crying because I was upset about the changes in my cervix coupled with the contractions I've had on and off. Part of my concern is that I'm 26 weeks, which is the same size as I was with Wally and Liz when they were born. And actually, I'm measuring 27 weeks.  After I explained my weekend of laying in bed, which made the contractions/irritability go away completely, and then my having them again when I'm up and about, she decided to try me on nifedipine in hopes that it will calm my uterus down. (Naturally, the drug store was out of it so I can't start it until tomorrow afternoon) She told me that if I have any contractions while at work I must leave immediately and go home to bed. I also go back next week to see her for my weekly shot and we'll talk again about how my uterus is fairing and make the decision at that point whether or not to restrict me from going to work.

Tomorrow I go in for my 1 hour GTT. Hopefully I'll pass that and it will be at least one thing I don't have to worry about.

Lastly, I leave you tonight with some random things:
  • At 26 weeks, Wee Man G has an 80% chance of survival if born, which he will not be yet, but yay!
  • I have 98 days left until my due date, 70 days until he's officially allowed to arrive.
  • I can no longer put pants on while standing.
  • After dropping the soap in the shower, I seriously consider whether I need it or if I can just use body wash instead.
  • I still worry every time something baby related arrives at my house that I've jinxed us. This includes new maternity clothes. This also includes doing any kind of preparation for the nursery. I received a baby blanket from a sales rep I work with. I brought it home yesterday. See above for today's drama.
  • I have full faith that Wee Man G will be coming home with us this fall. I hope it doesn't involve a NICU stay, but if that's what it takes, then that's what it takes. As long as he comes home healthy and happy, it's all good.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

As always I send my prayers up for you!

Nope you aren't jinxing yourself, however I thought the same thing.

Nope you can use body wash cause it is "soap" after all!

Can anyone put on pants while standing?

Wee man G IS coming home with you and B at the same time! He IS going to be healthy and happy!

Can't believe you didn't get any pics! Ughhh! Witch tech!

sarah said...

Ugh, your tech is an Asshat!! Did you tell her that you have a blog? Come on!!

:)

On a serious note, I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. I hope those meds do the trick and our friendly neighborhood cervix stands tall at 3cm! I'm keeping you and G in my thoughts.

Tanika said...

I know that you are not excited about the cervix news but a 3cm cervix is still good. I'm glad that you did however get to see Wee Man! I wish we could have saw the pics too. No gold star for that tech. Seems like that should just be an automatic that an expectant mother would get pics of her baby.
I hope the new shot helps the uterus happy & that you have a wonderful, uneventful weekend.

BIG HUGS!

Kerri said...

I agree with Court can anyone put on pants while standing? LOL.. I say a prayer for you everyday. I cant wait for 90 more days to pass and little man to arrive so I can fly up there and meet him....