Thursday, March 31, 2011

Continuing Positivity

Disclaimer: Bear with me here as things will first sound negative, but I have to build up to the positive, k?

More Daycare Drama
Last Friday, a gal from licensing showed up at the school to check things out about ratios in the baby room, as she got an anonymous call from a concerned parent of the center. (who, me? nah...lol) Unfortunately that morning the baby room was in ratio. It was still funny watching Ms. Ice Queen Sharpie Eyebrows (henceforth known as "Sharpie" for simplicity's sake) scramble. Since then, Sharpie has been making offhanded comments about me being "sneaky." Not once or twice, but often. I find this positively hilarious.

I also find the fact that certain directorial type people who talk my ear off about the man that they almost moved in with after dating for 18 months, but didn't move in with him because she got a call from his wife whom she had no idea about, and now likes this guy that she "brought home" on New Year's Eve and is still friends with and wonders if she should mention she's really into him, etc. wait...where was I going?  Oh yeah, this person seemed to want to usher me out of the school quickly this morning. According to G's teacher she and Sharpie both suspect that I called licensing. Again, positively hilarious.

The Things I Do For The Ones I Love
Yesterday, I braved the seventh layer of hell in the rain and snow (seriously Spring, get a move on!) to get a jumperoo for my Wee Man, as he absolutely loves the one at school. I checked the stock online - Hazzah! It's in stock at my local store! I sat through 30 minutes of bumper to bumper traffic instead of taking the back way home because this would put me closer to hell and it's residents, parked further away than I should have had to due to errant shopping carts and headed in. 35 minutes later, I storm out to my car. Not only did they not have it in stock, but there wasn't even a place for it on the shelves!

Fast forward through the "OMG-I'm-so-tired-and-they-just-stole-35-minutes-of-precious-time-that-I-could-have-been-spending-with-my-baby-instead-of-wandering-around-only-finding-everything-I-didn't-need-and-also-listening-to-an-employee-tell-two-men-who-don't-speak-English-that-they-can-use-an-infant-carrier-until-the-child-is-one-year-old-which-is-so-far-from-correct-I-don't-even-attempt-to-ask-about-the-jumperoo-as-I'm-sure-she'll-just-direct-me-to-automotive-or-the-pharmacy-so-I'll-just-go-home-empty-handed-and-hope-B-didn't-tell-G-that-Mommy-was-coming-home-with-an-awesome-new-toy-because-OMG-I-can't-disappoint-my-baby-who-is-happy-as-a-clam-just-to-throw-up-on-me" tears. I got home, snuggled my little man, and let him stay up an extra hour. The shopping trip was positively a disaster. G is positively delightful.

Random
I positively can't wait until March Madness is over and my Wednesday evening TV shows come back with new episodes.
I positively want to retire now.
I positively need a nap...and a cookie.

What postivity do you have today?

1 comment:

Courtney said...

YAY for the center "thinking" it was you!

I have positively lost 10 lbs!
I am postively happy to go on Spring Break!
I postively happy there is only 9 weeks left of school!
I am postively ready to be done with this set of kids at school!
I am postive I am almost done with the second to last class for my master's.