Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Car Karma's a Bitch

I assume that Car Karma exists. No...I know it does. Why, you might ask? Remember my post from last week? Read on....

It was a lovely morning - cool, sunny, blue skies with perfect puffy little clouds. G decided to get up three times Sunday night and then nap for two hours making us later than normal, but I welcomed the long nap. I took a little one myself. We left for "school," and having forgotten my breakfast at home, drove through McD's. A few bucks and another layer of cholesterol stuck to my arteries later, we were on our way. Then, it began...

The car sounded funny. It was revving too high. We stopped at a redlight.

The light turned green, I stepped on the gas. It was slow to speed up. It sounded funnier. It didn't seem to want to shift. Another redlight.

Green. Turned left. One mile or so until we get to school. Griffin was getting hungry. The car wouldn't shift out of first gear. Cue the hazard lights.

Got into the right lane, car having trouble speeding up in first gear, decided to get into a parking lot as quickly as possible. There was one coming up on the right - the doctor's office lot. Hazards off, turn signal on, turned right in to the driveway. Crap. I forgot. It's a hill....

Stepped on the gas....drifted backwards. Hit the brakes. We were stuck.

It sucks to be stuck in the uphill driveway to the doctor's office. Not because you are completely blocking patients from getting to the lot (there is a second entrance on the other side). Not because the other are going in the out lane and causing my heart to skip a beat for fear they will crash head-on and somehow flip their car onto mine where I'm now feeding G a bottle so he doesn't flip the f out from hunger. Not because of the $3,500 repair bill to replace my transmission (though that's a very close second). Why, then does it suck so much?

Because numerous people asked me if I could please move my car to a parking spot. Seriously? You think I want to be stuck on a hill with a transmission so dead it won't even reverse while having to feed my 6 month old and fearing imminent car-flippage-deathOr do you think I'm just *that* stupid and decided that since G was hungry at that particular moment when we almost crested the hill, that I stopped the car right there to feed him? Right.

Thanks Car Karma. You are a filthy, rotten bitch.

No comments: