Tuesday, May 31, 2011

No News is Good News, Right?

Yes, that is my excuse for not blogging in over a week. Nothing major going on, but honestly it's been a lack of consistent sleep and instead passing out basically as soon as Griff is in bed that has kept me from it. Oh, and it's been busy as heck at work.

We have had a few fun things going on, but first a health update - Griffin is MUCH better, Bryan and I are as well, though I feel like I've cracked/bruised a rib or have a hiatal hernia or something. I don't know, but it hurts. Better with advil and a couple hits of albuterol. Perhaps that quack doctor at the urgent care place was right and I *do* have mild underlying asthma. Meh. We'll see. Physical scheduled for the 23rd.

So, Griffin. He got his first tooth! And then tooth #2! I'm still trying to get a picture of them, but he constantly wants to chew on something or suck his fingers/thumb, so that is proving a bit difficult. Some other firsts though:

Peas - Yum!
Carrots - Meh. They are ok.
Pears - "Lady, you best get that crap away from me. I will now refuse to eat even my favorite food for the next week. Take that."

Speaking of food, we went out to dinner last night and he sat in a high chair at a restaurant for the first time! He did great and loved looking around at everything going on - especially looking up at the fans. He didn't have anything to eat or drink (he ate before we went), but he had a good time playing with the toys we brought, which in the picture are tucked into the seat with him.



He's learned to stand without Mommy holding on, so long as there is something to lean on. Also, he's learned to turn, lose his balance and fall, as evidenced in the picture below.


Other news? Well, my transmission died ($$$), Bryan's tuition was due ($$), he needs a book for class ($) and we met our deductible for the year with Griff's hospital stay ($$). Oh, and both of our car registrations need renewed ($,$). So we're flat broke at this point, but we got good news from my OB. I went for my annual the day we ended up taking Griffin to the hospital. If there is another munchkin in our future, I'm cleared to try for a VBAC! Very happy about that, though judging by the latest expenses we'll never be able to afford another.

Now, I'm off to go get ready for tomorrow and my baby sister's high school graduation. I feel old....I'll feel older when she goes to college in the fall. The same college I went to. Seriously, how did she grow up so fast???

No comments: