Friday, June 10, 2011

Who Would Have Guessed...

...that Griffin would be allergic to carrots?  Last post he thought they were "meh," but then he loved them. And then he got a rash all over his back. And then when they exited the building, he got a little rash around said exit. Poor Wee Man!

The rash cleared up in time for his 7 month birthday! In honor of his birthday (ok, the day before, but whatever) we tried bananas. He loves them! So far, no rash. I'm hoping the allergy is confined to carrots. I also hope he outgrows it because seriously? So much food has carrots in it! I guess if we have to cut them out forever it might make me cook more at home...and cook healthier as well.

Daycare Update!  Griffin has not been at the center for a good month now. His last day was the Friday before our hospital visit. He now goes to his teacher's house (she quit), and he is loving every second he is there! He has always been a very happy baby, but wow! he's even more happy now. He's sitting up for long periods of time now. And I swear he is going to crawl any day now! For the time being, he just rolls to whatever he wants. I doubt he would have advanced this much in just one month if he was still at the center, which by the way hired a new infant teacher who left a child on the changing table and was on the other side of the room!

We still only have a total of two teeth, but I'm sure there are more working their way out. Griff chews on everything he can get his adorable little hands on. We had a minor breakthrough over the past two days though - I was able to read him an entire board book before he started eating it. This is a big step, my friends!

Sorry no pictures today. I'm at work and just don't have time today to go through uploading. Next time, perhaps. Hope everyone enjoys the weekend! It's going to be a hot one here, though cooler than the past couple days. We may try going to the pool! If we do, you bet your butt there will be pics coming!

1 comment:

I Just Love You said...

rachel had an issue with sweet potatoes. someone told me that orange veggies (and tomatoes included) are pretty common like that. thankfully, she doesn't have problems with them anymore.