Things are still relatively quiet on the pregnancy front. So quiet, in fact, that I often forget that I'm actually pregnant. Like last night. [warning: TMI ahead]
Side note: Happy Easter to everyone who is not reading past this point for fear of TMI.
I was feeling great. I had a baked potato with lots of goodies on it for dinner. A couple donuts to get the nightly pills down followed. (Sprout wanted those, not me. I swear!) Then a relaxing quiet evening watching "The Magic of Ordinary Days" on the Hallmark channel. Bryan was out with the guys seeing "Clash of the Titans." It was like I wasn't even pregnant, though I know I am. Things just felt so normal. I turned the tv off after the movie and settled in to sleep, but sleep wouldn't come. I started getting very irritated, emotional and almost had a panic attack. Bryan got home and I sat up with him for a few, sipped some water, took a benedryl and tried to calm down. [re-warning: TMI to come shortly]
I went back to bed to relax, and that's when it happened. I quickly jumped out of bed and thankfully made it to the bathroom before the entire night of food came up to say "hello." [I warned you: TMI starts here] I don't know how many other people this happens to, but when I throw up, it also comes out of my nose. I spent the next 5 minutes or so hurling up baked potato and chocolate covered donuts partially through the normal channel and partially through the nose, and sobbing (another side effect of puking). The next few minutes were spent waiting for Bryan to find the Lyscol wipes so I could clean up the toilet seat I had inadvertently hit. Then it came time to brush my teeth and try to get rid of the puke smell/taste so I could finally go to sleep. I brushed my teeth. I did go to sleep eventually. But I was never able to rid my nose of that smell no matter how much I tried. It's still here this morning. I think a Neti Pot is a needed addition to my home.
Thank you, Sprout, for the physical reassurance that I am indeed pregnant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Sorry you upchucked, Kate. Try the nose douche method for eliminating the nose remains. Sniff and blow.
When I got the food poisoning from Mexican food, I had a jalapeno stuck up there...that caused some damage. :) I guess I should have included a TMI warning too. But I guess if they got through this far to yours, they'll be okay.
<3
Rachel
Should have added...sniff up some water...and then blow. The only way to get it out. Then there are the parts stuck in the post nasal passage...that is another story.
Thanks for the tip!
Ooo no, I hate when that happens! Hope it doesnt happen again.
p.s. are u on fb?
same thing happens to me... its awful.. especially when its chunky!
LOL Maddie. I once shot a baked bean out of my nose! Maybe I need to chew better....
OMG, I've been slacking and missed your announcement! I'm so happy for you! <3
Sorry about the hurling, but it's a good sign. :)
Post a Comment