From today until whenever Wee Man arrives, I am a "normal" pregnant woman!
This morning, the cerclage was removed. I was hoping it would be fairly painless, but a few weeks ago my doctor said it might be pretty painfully. Thankfully it wasn't too bad. Definitely uncomfortable and definitely nothing I would want to experience daily, but all in all it was fine. It came out very easily once she was able to find it. Apparently my cervix is very high up still so it took quite a bit of speculum moving to get it in sight.
Once it was out, I laid there being monitored for contractions for about 30 minutes. Not one. I had one that I didn't feel at all before the cerclage came out, but nothing afterwards. While we waited for the 30 minutes to be over, we seemed to have a little party in Triagee Room 1. The attendees: my nurse for the day, my L&D nurse friend who had been over in the high risk ob unit, my doctor, one of the other doctors, us and the social worker that visited us after the twins were born. It made those 30 minutes fly by! Once everyone left we only had about 5 minutes of quiet before we were released.
I've had no active bleeding since the removal, I've gotten some much needed sleep and holy moly I was able to walk through the grocery store without feeling like an ice pick was attacking my cervix!
One last thing about the removal - the doctor checked me as soon as it was out to see what my cervix was up to. I had been a fingertip dilated and 40% effaced as of 2 weeks ago. Today, I am 2cm dilated and 70% effaced. Yay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
here's to hoping we see that little man soon!
Ok Wee Man! Now we need a safe and uneventful delivery!
I really think a Halloween baby would be cool... might suck for parties though, but cool day!
whohooo!!!! I give Wee Man a week before he shows up - :-).
Post a Comment