Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My 30th Year Is Over...

...so that means it's time to see how I did on my goals!

Weight Loss: Still on hold, for obvious reasons! 
Accomplished? Well, I lost weight before getting pregnant so, yes! Accomplished.

Reading: I made the initial goal I set for myself, which was 10 books. Then I upped it to 25. Then I stopped reading so often. I completed 16 before my birthday, and last night completed a 17th.
Accomplished? First goal yes, second goal no. I'm calling it a yes. Accomplished.

Movies: Bryan has taken control of the TV with XBOX, so I ended up not watching too many. Definitely not one per week like I had planned. This goal, as well as the reading goal, was to increase my leisure time and relax/decompress. I have done that. Most nights I've done that, actually - so, while not technically a completed goal, I did accomplish the leisure in other formats.
Accomplished? Would it be stretching the truth to call this accomplished? I think it might, so since I've been generous with the previous two goals, we'll say no here. FAIL.

Series 7: HA! We'll come back to this next year.
Accomplished? Total FAIL.

Savings for TTC: This became savings for Wee Man G. Didn't make our goal, but we've paid a small chunk of credit off while also getting all of the things we need for WMG's arrival and paying zillions of copays for all of my doctor's appointments.
Accomplished? As things tend to, this goal changed as well. We are in a good position though and have done much better at managing our money. I say we done good! Accomplished.

Cleaning out former Mancave: It's a nursery now.
Accomplished? You bet your ass it is! Accomplished.

Sewing: I got those pants taken in for my friend. I got some more fabric cut. Then we cleaned out the mancave and the junk to sort through took up all the space I had for my projects. I wanted to have Marc's quilt done by now. It's not.
Accomplished? FAIL.

Letter Writing: I've pretty much stopped writing letters, though I'm working on Thank You Notes still. This is partially due to sleep/trying to sleep/being too tired to remember my name let alone write a letter, but lately, it has more so to do with carpal tunnel and my lack of ability to hold a pen comfortably.
Accomplished? FAIL.

All in all, I accomplished 4 out of 8 goals that I have told you about (while destroying the word "accomplished" for you in one post), but you may remember there were some other goals on that list. I failed all of those others except the biggest one. What was the biggest one, you might ask? Get Pregnant. I'd say that was a BFA: Big Fat Accomplishment!

Stay tuned...Wee Man G will be making his entrance any day now over the next 4 weeks. I will update as I can!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I say you accomplished your goals then! Plus you got preggers... and that was a goal somewhere!

Ok Wee Man... you still have some time to bake if you want... but I can't wait to see your little face!

sarah said...

What to get some things knocked up/knocked out! ;)