After the relative success of setting goals for my 30th year, I've turned to the Day Zero Project. Many of you may be familiar, but if not the basic idea is to set and complete 101 goals in 1001 days. Actually, that's not the basica idea. That's the entire idea. You can go it alone, or you can sign up for the site for free and track it there.
I started my 1001 days on November 7th - yes, 2 days before Griffin was born. My finish date is set to be August 4, 2013. So far I have completed 5 tasks and have another 5 that I am working on. You can follow my list here, which is just another page to the blog, but I think it's kind of difficult to see up there at the top since it's just hyperlinks and not tabs.
One of the goals is to read 30 books. I figured I'd give that another go since I met my initial goal of 10 in my 30th year, and ended up completing 16. I figure with that natural pace and taking out time for playing with Griffin, I *should* be able to tick this one off the list by at least the 1001st day. I actually just read a short, but quite entertaining book this morning. It's called "People Who Deserve It: Socially Responsible Reasons to Punch Someone in the Face." It was a gift to Bry for Christmas. I love the books his friends find for him! So that makes a 3 book dent in my goal. 10% complete with 910 days left to go.
Anyway, hope all is well with you, my beloved blog readers. We are all doing well here. Bryan started the semester this week in his Master's program, which he can now (and will) complete 100% online. Griffin is over the acute phase of bronchiolitis and now is just dealing with the lingering cough. He was very happy to go back to school and see his teachers and friends. I was very happy to get back to the office as all hell was threatening to break loose. I'm still cleaning things up from being on (semi-)maternity leave. Soon though, the office should be organized and running smoothly. Well, as smoothly as possible with a boss who can't stay on task and seems to only listen to half of the words that I say with those words being things like "the," "it," and "f*%^!." Good times....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I LOVE that I am on the list!
You go girl! I'll cheer you on!
Post a Comment